Friday, April 10, 2009

Those 3 little words. They mean so much.

Recently, Paul and I had a disagreement over the geothermal heater. After last month's higher than typical electric bill, I suggested that geothermal wasn't working properly. He respectfully disagreed. Paul felt that February/March ground is colder than any other month which caused a higher than normal electric bill.

I know that this is about as boring a topic as you can read on the internet, right? But anyone reading who is married understands that these disagreements are pretty typical.

Yesterday the electric bill came in astronomically high. Paul called an HVAC company who will be looking into the geothermal next week. We still have no results.

But for this reason, and I guess many other small, insignificant reasons, I was just kind of crabby yesterday. I told Paul this. I also mentioned that I was a bit irritated with him because I'd been telling him something was wrong with the geothermal and he wouldn't listen to me. I figured I'd pushed him too far when he sort of glared at me for a bit.

That's when it happened. He said those three little words that make any woman's heart go all a-flutter, "You were right."

Why? What three words were you expecting?

No comments: