Friday, January 30, 2009

No TV? Aaack!


As most everyone else has experienced, we've undergone a major winter storm this week. First 4" of snow, followed by 1" of ice, then topped off by another 3" of snow. It is beautiful.

The boys haven't been to school since Monday (did I mention that today is Friday?). We were blocked in for the first couple of days by several trees down in our driveway. And since the 1" of ice, their outside time has been limited due to the hazard of unstable trees. On Tuesday, we lost our t.v. reception. Ah, the joys of satellite.

So, you see where I'm going with this. No school, very little outside time, stuck at home, NO TV. Major motion picture companies could make millions off of the horror this strikes into a mom's heart.

However (and quite surprisingly) we've had such a lovely week. We've played games, put together puzzles, read, run around the house pretending to be Luke Skywalker and some Storm Troopers. You should see the LEGO creations.

I've amassed quite a collection of custom comic books this week. One in particular was about a Baby vs. a Bully, whereupon in an unexpected ending the Baby takes down the Bully and then proclaims, "There's a NEW Bully in town." ($5 Starbucks gift card to the first person to name the author of that comic book).

The government should have done studies in my house this week. Maybe then they'd relax a bit about the big digital switch. Are you ready? (Whatever).

2 comments:

Chara said...

Such creative guys. Who needs TV? I bet the answer to the comic book author has the initals CES. Do I get a prize? Oh wait, no matter, I already have TWO very great prizes!

Anonymous said...

I also think the editor of the comic book is Chase! I see many of those around my house as well!
Grand B